ladies and gentlemen, the most accurate post on tumblr
On point Bruh.
ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS. I take Adderall because I have a learning disability.
Professor Breanne Fahs offers female students extra-credit if they “stop shaving their legs and underarms for ten weeks during the semester while keeping a journal to document their experiences.” For Fahs, who teaches women and gender studies, the purpose is to get students thinking critically about societal norms and gender roles.
A similar opportunity is available to men in Fahs’ classes who recieve extra credit for shaving all of their hair from the neck down.
One student, Stephanie Robinson, described it as a “life-changing experience:
"Many of my friends didn’t want to work out next to me or hear about the assignment, and my mother was distraught at the idea that I would be getting married in a white dress with armpit hair. I also noticed the looks on faces of strangers and people around campus who seemed utterly disgusted by my body hair. It definitely made me realize that if you’re not strictly adhering to socially prescribed gender roles, your body becomes a site for contestation and public opinion."
They published a paper about this the first time someone did it, and it showed that non-white young women experienced a lot more pressure from friends and relatives to remove their hair. The authors suggested that because beauty standards are white - long, fine, flowy blonde hair, blue eyes, etc, etc - his body hair non-conformity was more troubling in WOC, as they crossed yet another boundary of femininity. They were also more likely to have darker or thicker body hair, so it would stand out more than on the blonde women, for example.
For me that sort of exemplifies why it’s so important to have multiple, intersectional feminisms. Because “let’s not shave our legs!” might be a powerful and important message, but it’s ultimately one of white privilege that sort of ignores the whiteness of these beauty standards in the first place.
I don’t understand how all the rest of him is an adorable boy, but from the elbows down he’s a guy who could Do Things to you.
it’s been too long my darling
here is a gif of Dylan O’Brien opening a bottle in a totally unsexy way
HERE IT IS. THE GENESIS OF THE ELBOWS DOWN TAG. HOW DID I FORGET IT WAS THE BOTTLE GIF?
and because it’s been way too long since i ruined everyone’s lives, here you go
- spanish and italian: So THESE words are feminine and THESE words are masculine, and you ALWAYS put an adjective AFTER the noun.
- french: haha i dont fuckin know man just do whatever
- german: LET'S ADD A NEUTRAL NOUN HAHA
- english: *shooting up in the bathroom*
- gaelic: the pronounciation changes depending on the gender and what letter the word starts and ends with and hahah i dont even know good fucking luck
- polish: here have all of these consonants have fun
- japanese: subject article noun article verb. too bad there's three fucking alphabets lmao hope your first language isn't western
- welsh: sneeze, and chances are you've got it right. idfk
- chinese: here's a picture. draw it. it means something. it can be pronounced four different ways. these twenty other pictures are pronounced the same but have very different meanings. godspeed.
- arabic: so here's this one word. it actually translates to three words. also pronouns don't really exist. the gender is all in the verb. have fun!
- latin: here memorize 500 charts and then you still dont know what the fuck is happening
- sign language: If you move this sign by a tenth of an inch, you'll be signing "penis"
- russian: idk man its pronounced like its spelt but good fucking luck spelling it
- Greek: so basically we're going to add 15 syllables to every word you know and assign it one of 3 genders at random. Also good luck figuring out where to put the accents you piece of shit
It would be nice if prankers who go around harassing black people in the ‘hood’ were given the same treatment as Sam Pepper.
exactly. I’ve yet to see a high profile YouTuber call any of these “pranksters” out, or any of the “comedians” who see no problem doing blackface in their videos and saying disgusting things about black women and their bodies. What you’re silent on says more than what you speak up for.
is this what paying off all your expansions in new leaf feels like
todays young people turn to video games to experience the feeling of paying off mortgages they will never actually have as adults due to the shitty economy
I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT
I love these. And I love how she’s in a really blatant sex position but artists are like look at this art genre I can do and be super creative. It’s so cool. I wish I could draw.
Made rebloggable by request.
ugh but really why couldnt that person just make their own fucking post why reblog mine…